Emergency Medicine Jobs in Texas
Saturday · August 19, 2017
1 Job in The Lone Star State
Photo: Approaching downtown Dallas on the expressway.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Albuquerque) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- The New Mexico VA Health Care System (Nmvahcs) and the University of New Mexico School of Medicine (UNM-SOM) are seeking a board certified emergency medicine physician for the position of Chief of Emergency Medicine Service at the Nmvahcs.
- Albuquerque is a major metropolitan area with a population exceeding 600,000.
- In addition to its affiliation with the University of New Mexico, Nmvahcs enjoys affiliations with Central New Mexico Community College, Santa Fe Community College and New Mexico State University.
- The selected candidate is responsible for quality and efficiency of care in the Emergency Department, oversight of ED training programs including physicians and other professional trainees, and participation in emergency and disaster preparedness activities for the Nmvahcs and the city of Albuquerque.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay.
- Primary referral site for Visn 18, with significant clinical programs in cardiology surgery, gastroenterology, inpatient psychiatry, lithotripsy and others.
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Albuquerque, NM.
- Annually, over 44,000 veterans are served and 33,000 hospital days and 500,000 outpatient visits are provided.
- Fers basic benefits (pension), 12% of salary and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- New Mexico VA Health Care System.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- It has mild winters and pleasant summers.
- Disability Retirement.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Community, Facility and Organization.
- Albuquerque is home to the sole VA hospital in the state but the Nmvahcs operates six (6) VA-staffed Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (Cbocs) and five (5) contract Cbocs throughout the State and southern Colorado.
- Must have full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in ANY United States State.
- VA/DOD joint venture with Kafb ambulatory care facility.
- Must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- Community Based Outpatient Clinics.
- Nmvahcs is located on a 100 acre campus.
- The position offers patient care, research and teaching opportunities.
- This position may include a faculty appointment at the University of New Mexico.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- Five years of post-residency clinical experience, proven administrative ability, preferably as a section chief or service chief, and academic experience in an Emergency Medicine training program are preferred.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Referral services.
- Outdoor activities include hiking, skiing, mountain climbing, fishing, hunting, biking, year-round golf and tennis.
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- The New Mexico VA Health Care System is a tertiary referral center consisting of 184 acute hospital beds, 90 residential rehabilitation treatment program beds and a 36 bed Nursing Home Care Unit.
- Chief of Emergency Medicine Opportunity to provide care to Veterans at the.
- Full range of primary care, tertiary care.
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation - unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- Affiliated with UNM.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- Normal Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm.
- Integrated outpatient and inpatient services provided.
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses.
- Is a 217 bed medical, surgical, psychiatric and research and academic facility with Spinal Cord Injury Center and Geriatric and Extended Care Unit.
This perm job opening was posted
6 weeks ago